Old Winyards

Friday, March 24, 2006

Taco Hell

Sherwin, Susie, and I have been craving Taco Bell since Susie brought it up in conversation while we were all at Sugar Lounge (hotsweatycrampedcrowdedyuppieswaterydrinksnevergothere) on Saturday. Finally last night we fulfilled our craving.

We drove our bounty home with the windows rolled down to avoid ruining the new car smell with Taco Smell.

Since Susie and Sherwin we both vegetarianing, I alone got to savor the meaty goodness of Taco Bell. I was quite impressed with the new Crunchwrap Supreme(tm), and managed to reverse-engineer the technology behind it:

  • One flour tortilla.

  • Meaty cheesy toppings.

  • One flat corn tortilla, presumably the same one used in the so-called Mexican pizza, used to provide structure. The corn tortilla is placed in the center of the flour tortilla; we'll see why in a moment.

  • Other usual suspect toppings (lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream, etc.)

  • Now here's the brilliant part: the flour tortilla is now folded up around the corn tortilla, giving the CWS its unique and brillant shape. It is now kind of like a ninja-throwing-star/Taco-Bell-food-ingredient-conveying disk, and one that's fun to eat to boot!


Note that it's been 2-3 years since I've had any fast food, let alone Taco Bell. So just take my word for it that my stomach felt kind of gross for a while, and my bowels were not thanking me for it. Ah yes, I'll stop there.

And yes, I probably did spell "tortilla" as "torilla" at some point. Please forgive me.

2 Comments:

  • Damn. Now I, too, want my own Crunchwrap Supreme experience. Is it a bad thing that I think the picture you took of it makes it look absolutely delicious and irresistable? Should I risk it all and chase my Crunchwrap Supreme with a Sourdough Jack from Jack in the Crack and then wash it all down with a jumbo sized pearl milk tea? Oh, ra(u)pture!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:28 PM  

  • jack in the crack's "cuisine" shall always reign supreme.
    hilarious post man. and now you're out-posting me, which is intimidating.
    the student has become the teacher.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home