Old Winyards

Monday, July 25, 2005

Stop Following Me!

Everywhere I go, I see Priuses (Prii?). You know, the cute little Toyota hybrids. All over. Streets, parking lots, highways. I'm convinced that at least one in ten new cars in San Francisco is a Prius. "What's so scary about a cute little hybrid?" you might ask. Well, it probably wouldn't really bother me except for the fact that the Altissima is now 9 years old, has more than its fair share of scratches and scrapes, minor mechanical malfunctions, and has passed the point where I even consider bothering to keep it clean. So naturally I have been considering a replacement. For a long time, the Acura TSX was the frontrunner, but there aren't really enough on the street to make me consistently say, "I want one of those." Thus, the desire is not reinforced.

However, encountering a Prius at every turn has forced me to consider it as an option. What's not to like about 60 mpg in these times of ever-climbing gas prices? The hatchback gives it great trunk room, so it's practical. Most models come with great options standard. It's an intriguing, futuristic-looking car. And to sweeten the deal further, getting a hybrid gets you a tax deduction.

Just break down and get one, you say? Well, sure. I guess I could. But how original would that be? They're freaking everywhere!

Give me your opinion: Prius or TSX?

4 Comments:

  • Prius! Prius! Does my vote even count?

    By Blogger author, at 3:00 PM  

  • Of course it does! You're practically the only person whose vote *does* count.

    By Blogger Daniel Hiatt, at 3:01 PM  

  • seeing how you're already married to my sister, the girl-pulling-power of the tsx will be squandered.
    i say go prius--gas prices are sure to hit $3 by the end of the summer. save that money!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:08 PM  

  • TSX! I just picked up a 05 auto with nav and I love it! Sure cars get you from point A to B, if you want to save $ on gas, then take the bus. If you want to get into a car that you love to drive, then the TSX is it! Good luck!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home