Old Winyards

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

My Bag is Made From Trucks

I think I want a murse. My new phone is fairly large, and tends to fill up my left front pants pocket. I mean, who wants to wear their phone on their belt? I'll tell you who: dorks. However, having phone filling up my pocket prevents me from sticking my hands in my pockets and slouching, as is my wont. Having some type of bag to carry it around seems like a good solution. And that way, I'd have something to carry other stuff in besides my coat pockets, which really aren't a very good bag substitute. Think of all the things I could carry:

  • Phone (obviously)
  • iPod (mini)
  • CDs (deez?)
  • Pen
  • Pencil
  • Bottle of water (every singer should carry one)
  • Checkbook
  • Kleenex (although my consumption of said item is greatly reduced with the new nasal spray -- see below)
  • Bits of string (never know when they might come in handy)
  • $40 in quarters (It sucks when you go to the bank for quarters and then realize you have to fill your pockets with 5 lbs. of quarters.)
Anyway, I heard that some Swiss company by the name of Freitag made cool murses. With a little bit of research on their Byzantine website, I discovered that their schtick is that their bags are made out of truck tarpaulins. With an online tool, you can choose exactly which sections of which tarpaulins they'll cut up to make your bag with. Kinda interesting. Very urban hipster. Not me.

This is more me.

2 Comments:

  • Well, it looks more you on line, but would it be in person? It might actually be quite bulky - more made for computers. You want something that's flexible.

    Might I suggest that you try a messenger bag? I am in love with my new one. Check out yakpak.com for some interesting possiblities - they also have a store on Haight Street so that you can go in and try them out for yourself.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:36 AM  

  • Uh, no. That would just be just plain gay.

    http://www.jackspade.com/warrenst/utility08/index.html

    Not that there's anything wrong with that.

    By Blogger Daniel Hiatt, at 12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home