Old Winyards

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Asian Pop Resolutions

Because I'm too lazy to produce original material for my blog, I'll happily direct you to this amusing take on New Year's resolutions by SF Gate writer Jeff Yang. My favorite segment:
Steven Seagal's Lightning Bolt Energy Drink ($2.99 per can): Martial artist-turned-action-hero-turned-Tibetan monk-turned-assclown Steven Seagal has put his questionable endorsement on a grade-Z line of energy beverages that promises to offer the "Asian Experience." You may disagree, but Seagal is just about the last person on earth I want interpreting the Asian experience, especially for something that I'm supposed to put in my mouth. The drinks' listed ingredients range from Tibetan Goji Berry to Asian Cordyceps to Gingko Biloba. I suspect they actually taste of shame and desperation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home