Old Winyards

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

All I Want for Christmas

So there's this guy who sits in an adjacent cube who's always going on and on about this Guitar Hero PlayStation 2 game to anyone who will listen. I get to hear a good 2-3 lectures per day on how to play the game, and also have to put up with the clanking sounds coming from a cheap plastic guitar controller. I would tell him to stop slacking and do some work, but that might draw attention to the fact that I'm not exactly the Prince of Industriousness over here.

In any case, the game actually sounds pretty fun. I mean, it's got classic rock and metal songs, and who doesn't like that? It's got a controller shaped like a guitar -- an instrument I play, hello? And, well, it's a video game. What's not to like. I'm a little concerned it would be a little too easy, though. It might be kind of like if EA made a cycling game that came with a stationary bike controller, and Lance Armstrong got a copy. I mean, he would totally pwn that game. Of course, maybe I wouldn't exactly be Lance Armstrong in this analogy. Maybe more like, well, what's one of those other really good cyclists that no one's ever heard of? Yeah, him, what's his name? Oh, no one's ever heard of him? Well never mind.

1 Comments:

  • http://www.wired.com/news/games/0,2101,69577,00.html?tw=wn_tophead_5

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home