Old Winyards

Monday, October 24, 2005

Feasting

Well, although test results show that my blood pressure and cholesterol are a tad high, that hasn't stopped me from gorging myself on good food and drink lately. Let's recap:

  • Wednesday: Sushi from Ichiban? Iraku? What the heck's the name of that place again? And plum sake at Sherwin's. (Hey, Sherwin, take the sake out of the freezer. It will just turn into sake slush. I know, I've done it before.)
  • Thursday: Dinner at Cafe Kati (pronounced "Katie," apparently) with Susie. I had the most delicious miso-glazed black bass I'd ever had. Come to this of it, it's probably the first one I've had, too. And half a bottle of Rombauer merlot. Yes, merlot. But not really half a bottle. Technically, more like most of a half bottle.
  • Friday: Dinner at Aziza with Susie and my parents. Couldn't bring myself to order the vegetable stew, and tried to go light by ordering squab, which ended up rather duck-like. Quite tasty, though. Couple glasses of Dolcetto.
  • Saturday: 6:00: Dinner at Sociale. Happy Birthday, Mary! The food was better than it was the last two times I was there. Service too. Weird. I guess if you must go, go on a weekend. But don't rely on the heat lamps. You'll either freeze or bake. I only ordered some butternut squash spaetzle (which were quite good), because I had to make it to 8:15: Dinner at Lulu. Dinner was being paid for by the company, so it's too bad we weren't hungrier. We did take advantage of the situation by ordering a $125 bottle of 1998 Tignanello. Yum.
  • Sunday: Drinks at Lingba Lounge, then dinner next door at Thanya and Salee with Susie, Rachael and Dan. Happy Birthday, Rachael! If you don't know about it, well, it's probably the best Thai food in SF. Great cocktails at the lounge, too. The four of us split the Bowl of Monkeys, which is a large flaming bowl filled with pineapple-and-rummy-goodness. Luckily you get long straws so you don't burn your face off when drinking it.

That's about it. Eating healthy starts... now.

1 Comments:

  • it was ichiraku. just work out a little more this week, and you can be vegetarian with me--your cholesterol will be down in no time. plus, red wine is supposed to be good for you, isn't it?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home