Old Winyards

Monday, August 01, 2005

The Big Three-Oh

*sigh* After having teased my older friends for so long about their advanced age, I'm finally getting my comeuppance. Yes, this month I too shall turn thirty. I too shall be "old."

But I suppose it's not all bad. It's my golden birthdayafter all, so I got that going for me. For those of you without midwestern roots, a golden birthday the one on which your age is the same as the date of your birthday. And what could be a better occasion for a golden birthday than one's 30th? So at least it bodes well for a spectacular celebration.

And after all, my friends have had some stupendous 30th birthdays. Jamil's, of course, was a classic: He was (naturally) late to his own party; I got to meet Melissa for the first time; we all started out at a Tenderloin poolhall, and ended up at a downtown diner that served delicious (at least to drunk people) breakfasts in the wee hours. Joel's was a classy affair (at the Zodiac Club?). Jamil became the center of attention after 2 supposedly strong martinis. And I still hear stories about Ben's surprise birthday bash at Disneyland; sadly, I wasn't present. (I think I was in Italy, so I at least have some excuse.) I can only hope that my 30th lives up to these legendary celebrations.

3 Comments:

  • i will take on the duty of making this birthday the silliest, sloppiest, and...uh...s'awesome-est birthday EVAR.
    hopefully you won't end up puking all night, however.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:16 AM  

  • you're not old! when you're 60 i'll plan a party twice a crazy--that's OLD.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:00 PM  

  • Goldschlogger and Goofy's ass are a dangerous combination. Better to turn 30 away from Anaheim. ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home