Old Winyards

Friday, September 02, 2005

I Love You, Sweater Thingies


A couple of weeks ago, I stopped by the Banana Republic flagship store in downtown SF. I had been looking for some sweater/sweatshirt/hoodie-type things, and BR had them in abundance. After trying on a good 15 different items, I eventually got frazzled and left without buying anything. Susie and I dropped by the BR in the Embarcadero so I could show her some of the items. But as it wasn't the flagship store, its selection was limited.

So I had to leave, unfulfilled, knowing that my wardrobe was incomplete, feeling a sweater/sweatshirt/hoodie-type-thing-shaped hole inside. But gradually I came to recognize the two items that would fill the void within. On my birthday, I left work early, drove down to the flagship store, and bought the green hoodie (Man, I hate the word "hoodie." Seems so girly!), pictured here in gray as it is NOT AVAILABLE ONLINE AND IS ONLY AVAILABLE AT THE FLAGSHIP STORE, and the black zippy sweater jacket thingy. Anyway, I've been extremely happy with these two items as it can be awfully cold at work, and it's nice to have something to wear that's not a jacket. Plus, the black one goes with almost anything, AND when I'm wearing a black shirt, I can wear the green one and not have the black-over-black combo that makes me feel like a loser that works at a videogame company.

Green two-zip hoodie: $65
Black wool zippy sweater jacket thingy: $125
Filling a sweater/sweatshirt/hoodie-type-thing-shaped hole: priceless

Note to self: you cannot spell availalbe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home